Level of Difficulty: Beginner Do-It-Yourselfer – Easy
Completion Time: 1 day
Easy to build, move and store, this shelving unit is ideal for creating storage space in a jiffy. Measurements are 72”W at the bottom and approximately 60”H. Special skills or specialized tools are not required to build this ladder-style shelving unit; shelves are simply laid across the rungs of a ladder structure, which can also be folded for easy storage.
The pine boards can be stained to match your decor. Apply varnish to enhance their appearance and facilitate cleaning.
DOWNLOAD CONSTRUCTION PLAN
- Circular saw or sliding mitre saw
- Screwdriver drill
- Drill bit, 3/8" with depth stop
- 5 pine boards, 1" x 4" x 96"
- 3 pine boards, 1" x 12" x 96"
- 1 ½” No. 6 screws
- Small chain, 65"
- Piano hinges or other hinges
- Wood filler or wood screw caps, 3/8"