Level of Difficulty: Beginner Do-It-Yourselfer – Easy
Completion Time: 1 day
This well-proportioned island has an ample work surface, great for folding clothes in the laundry room or doing crafts and odd jobs in the workshop. The good news? You don’t need to be an experienced carpenter. The island consists of two storage modules and a ceramic tile counter that are easy to assemble and create. Novice do-it-yourselfers with basic tools and good materials will be able to complete the work in a few days, allowing time for the adhesive and grout to dry.
- Notched trowel
- Rubber float
- Damp cloth
- Table saw
- Screwdriver drill
- 2 ready-to-assemble melamine cubby storage units
- 5/8"-thick plywood panel, 42" x 66"
- 77 ceramic tiles, 6" x 6"
- Pre-glued melamine edge banding
- Tile adhesive
- Tile grout (ideally epoxy grout)